Friday, August 28, 2026

August 23, 2026

 Sunday AM Recap

August 23, 2026 


Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/_ds_cgFE8Rs?si=PZ2K18Nciv-2NiLw 


Teacher Sara Ozbun opened the service. 


Stacea Kuehn led worship. 


Early Childhood Worship:

Link: https://youtu.be/4dDGnGcwRXk?si=ZruD279qm8an8NZv 

Big Idea: Sin broke the world but God has a plan

Bible story: Adam and Eve sin

Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 3:16 


Message: The Body of CCC

5 and 2 sharing time 


Pastor Jeff invited the congregation to come share how the Word from the past few weeks has impacted or unfolded in their lives.  What has the Lord spoken to you during this series?  What questions do you have?  A comment?  A discovery?  Come and share! 


The congregation was asked to send summaries of what they shared to Teacher Sara so she could recap what was said in their own words.  The following members shared: 


Cathy Spangler:

My contribution to the discussion today: We are the "temple" of Holy Spirit! We have been "entrusted with the POWER of Holy Spirit, Who equips us with spiritual gifts......you don't have to be a "prophet" to prophesy. You don't have to be a "Healer" to heal people or deliver people! The Spirit IN you has supernatural power....abilities to "SEE", to "KNOW", to "access" and to speak for the LORD what He says to you. However, you need to know the "WORD" (It is Written) to "test" what you are given... The LORD gave us His Spirit to teach you and reveal God's thoughts to you! Wow, what a TRUST we've been given! Are you (and I) going to prove FAITHFUL with it? God says "let Me out" and "don't contain Me!"


Sean Ozbun:

When the first message was given in this series challenging us to ask God what He's entrusted us with, the Lord answered the question before I asked.  I was sharing with the Tribe during announcement time that morning about the history of why we pray for the families of the fallen soldiers assigned to battle.  I explained how God had given the directive to Apostle George, and how George had eventually passed it on to me.  Apostle Sue heard me use the phrase "Passed it on" and Holy Spirit told her "No, he mantled him."  I realized that there was more significance to this ministry than I had realized, and I needed to prove faithful to that which I'd been entrusted.  As a result, I've been more consistent in praying for the families of our four most recent fallen soldiers. 

I was also reminded through this series of the importance of being consistent in my walk with Jesus.

I also asked for help from the Tribe to PLEASE pray for me that I would recognize when I'm thinking something is a directive from the Lord, but it is not.  Particularly when the consequences would hurt my family or others.


In addition, Junior Gonzalez  was led to come to the front and share about an experience he had at school about following his gut. He also shared that he initially wasn’t going to come to service, but he felt something drawing him.  Pastor Jeff spoke with him and led him through a process of sharing publicly. 


The following members also shared at the service but the summaries are not in their own words:


Robert Fyock:


Robbie shared about being faithful with things we have already been charged with and not being fearful but being willing to upgrade. 


Kandy Spangler: 


Kandy spoke about having a new path and pattern and how people at work see her with “that Jesus glow.”   She spoke about preaching the Gospel daily and, if necessary, using words. She was also struck by the idea of the “do not disturb” sign that she puts on her cubicle sometimes…does she have a “do not disturb” sign on other parts of her life?  With her family or her husband?  She also spoke about not letting anyone put a false price tag on you - you are worth what GOD says you are worth! She shared this song: 


Matthew Ozbun:


Matthew shared that Matthew 6:33 is a powerful verse in his life, and that it gives an order to how to live our lives…seek FIRST the Kingdom of God, and then everything else.  He spoke about the comfort that verse gives him as he seeks to be faithful in what he has been entrusted with.  He also spoke about the importance of filling his own cup so he has something to pour out.


Stacea Kuehn:


Stacea followed up on what Matthew shared and expanded about her own struggle in pouring out so much for others that she does not have enough left for herself.  She spoke about being a lot of things to a lot of people but the importance of making sure she gets things for herself so she doesn’t burn out in the pouring out for others. 


The service ended with communion. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4, 2026

  Sunday AM Recap October 4, 2026  Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/7rf1MywqPg4?si=2PmRA_wgS4ldPhSF   Apostle Susan Powers opened service ...