Wednesday, October 7, 2026

October 4, 2026

 Sunday AM Recap

October 4, 2026 


Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/7rf1MywqPg4?si=2PmRA_wgS4ldPhSF 


Apostle Susan Powers opened service with a Mindful Moment. 


Apostle shared a prophetic dream she had in 2007 and had shared at the time - the Words and prophetic moves that have happened in our past are part of our DNA.  It’s recorded in the stone walls of the building.  It’s important to call our ears to attention to what is being said in the Spirit realm, both in the past and now.  


**It’s important to RECORD prophetic dreams IN DETAIL RIGHT AWAY…because we leak.  We forget. 


Are we following the mandate of the Lord, the way He wants us to do it? 


Saturday morning, June 9th, 2007:


I was captured by “the enemy” which was a group of rough-looking people: men, women, and children, who clearly would use any means to take and keep those they captured.  I knew that we were going on a trip by foot to a far distant place, and was desperate to find help before the journey began - in other words, I was being trafficked. I was loaded into a van, being shoved and manhandled.  I was afraid of going with them, and I resisted, but I was overpowered.  We stopped at a warehouse-type grocery store to get provisions, and the leader told me that I would be watched, and instantly I was intimidated, which is not my usual. As we went in, he followed me wherever I went with the cart I was supposed to be pushing. He stopped to put some stuff in his cart, and I continued walking on. And in the next aisle, I saw people I knew.  There were four or five women standing around these pallets with the big boxes of paper goods, and thye were talking.  I recognized Dodie Rhuems, and Donna Bartelli, and another that I cannot recall.  I pressed in close to them trying to get them to make eye contact with me.  They wouldn’t acknowledge that I was there.  I was frightened by their avoidance and tried to make them know that I was needing help, that they could hide me in the stack of boxes, etc., and the bad guys would leave without me and I would be safe, or they could go the management and get help.  But they just continued to talk to each other.  I was whispering to them, begging them to help me, and I look up and I see the bad guy turning down the aisle, and I knew my time was short.  So I reached out, as if to  get a package of paper towels, and let my hand brush one of the hands of one of the women, and she quickly moved it away.  I was watching him, the bad guy, and trying to enter into their conversation, but they wouldn’t stop talking.  So the bad guy reaches me, and I’m grabbed by the back of my hair, and they SEE - and I capitalized that - they SAW what was happening.  But he smiles at them, and he says “this is my wife and we play this way.”  He’s got me by the back of the hair.  I know that they know that isn’t true, They know who my true husband is.  But they just look at him and they do nothing.  No intervention at all.  Then he starts shoving me down the aisle.  My heart is breaking as I wake up, and I hear the Lord speak to me:  “All loyalties will be tested.”  


When I shared that word on the next day, George had an interpretation to the dream that I wrote down and he was sharing it.  I already knew what was in my heart, and I’m not a fearful person, and I could taste the fear.  That’s when you know it’s supernatural - when that’s not your go-to, and you can literally taste the fear.  George said to this congregation, “This is a warning,  There can be no appeasement with the enemy. There can be no avoidance of the enemy.”  That we are to give help to those who ask.  That we are forerunners, not sidesteppers. That we are to ask the Lord what to do, and He will show us.  We are to pray for those who are willingly going with the enemy.  And then he makes this pronouncement: “this is not a dying church”.  That was something that was spoken a couple of years before if you remember, that we were a dying church because we were shrinking in numbers, and that was a season when God was teaching us about the value of having a count, a headcount, no noses, no nickels, those numbers are not your significance in the Kingdom, with supporting Scriptures.  But he said “this is not a dying church,” thus says the Lord.  It has died to itself.  That we are a Gideon’s army.  Those of you who are mature believers understand the account of Gideon, and how they started out with lots of people and they got pared down and pared down and pared down until there was no way that number of people was going to take that enemy.  But God said through Apostle/Pastor George that we were a Gideon army.  And He said we can’t avoid this conflict.  Think about 2007 and all that’s happened between now and then.  That we must get HIS courage.  Let those who have ears to hear, hear what the Lord is saying to this church in this day.   


We can’t be ready for this on our own, with our own agendas.  We HAVE to surrender it all to the Lord. 


Andrea Colyer led worship. 


During worship, Cathy Spangler was led to read Psalm 27 corporately. 


NO EARLY CHILDHOOD WORSHIP


Message: Pastor Jeff Spangler

“That’s Deep” 


We’ve had a Word released from Apostle Lisa about outburst, and it’s important to not let that go by, but to keep searching it out.  This is the time of outburst, of rushing waters, and heavy rains - and with it, acceleration. 


That was three weeks ago - and then two weeks ago, God led us through a process of how to study out such a Word. 


Then last week, Tami Hernandez came with a Word about stability.  So as we were asking the question “what does this mean?” the Lord sent an answer: “stability.”


Consider the Texas and Kansas Senate races - over $250 million spent on TV ads, a communication of the past.  Influencers will impact you far more than these ads will.  Why do they do this? Why spend that much for an $87,000 job?   Power.  Money.  Influence.  


So ask - what does this mean and what must I do?  We see chaos all around - are you asking the Lord or allowing the $250 million to dictate what you think?    It’s important to be just and truthful…the definition of faith.  Being a trustee of faith is being a trustee of what is just and true.  


Hebrews 12:25-27

25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”[a] 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.


Do not refuse the One who speaks!  You may think you know the voice of the Lord, but do you? 


We have talked about warnings and promises, which is what this Scripture refers to.  This is a warning - “do not refuse the One who speaks.”  Warnings have consequences.  And then, these are also the promises.  God loves it when we stand before Him and repeat the promises! 


We want to stand on the promises while heeding the warnings!   So much of the Church wants to live in the warnings…but He wants us standing on the promises!!  


So PAY ATTENTION, when someone from the outside comes with a message we have heard before!  


*Am I practicing the promises more than the warnings?*


WE are called to be the stabilizers in unstable times.  Think of a body - all different parts of the body do different jobs.  Each one of us has a job that we need to do well because that is what brings stability to what otherwise would be chaos. Toes don’t cut up apples…but they bring stability so hands and mouth can eat apples.  Lord, whatever my function, let me do my function well! 


So let’s not get upset and judge what other churches are called to do, let’s excel at what WE are called to in chaotic times.  


Today’s title: “That’s Deep.”  


Any time you listen to a speaker, you should be able to walk away with a “whoa,” a “what,” and a “wow.”  


Whoa - fresh revelation 

Wow - affirming what you know

What - I have no idea what you are talking about 


Use this to practice the promises in the upcoming months!  And in all of those, we can say “that’s deep.” 


Don’t refuse Him who speaks!  Bring stability to the chaos in your life by grabbing hold of things of God and studying them out!  He is speaking all around you, and right now is an ACCELERATED time!  He is releasing strategies!!  (Example of the 4-part strategy that Apostle Lisa gave us.) 


So let’s dig this out - God is saying “I want you to come to the deep.”  Which tells us we’ve been in the shallows, so God wants us to come to the deep. 


“Remember the deep, Jeff!”  


Luke 5:1-11 

One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret,[a] the people were crowding around him and listening to the word of God. 2 He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. 3 He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.

4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”

5 Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”

6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7 So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.

8 When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” 9 For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, 10 and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.

Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” 11 So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

 We are all after the truth - and these people were hungry for the Word of God, whether they realized it or not.  Much like today! 


Some background on the fishing nets: These nets had lead sinkers on them, and they would be attached to the side of the boats.  The fishermen would drop the nets, and as they maneuvered a boat in a u-shape, the nets would scoop up the fish.  In the night, the fish would come to the shallows, and in the dawn, the fishermen would come through and fish…however, these men were not having any luck, so they were cleaning their nets and wrapping up for the night when Jesus said to throw the nets on the other side.  Which was not easy; it involved un-attaching the nets and moving to the other side of the boat.


But Simon Peter trusted this Rabbi and went ahead and complied.  Jesus had said “put out into the DEEP water.”


Outburst. 

Heavy rains. 


Which produces what?  Floods.  Which take shallow ponds and make deep ponds.  


God must be getting ready to pour out such abundance that there will be some depth to this water.  There are things coming…but we often like to stay in the shallows.


DON’T LIVE IN THE SHALLOWS. 


There is something about to be released on the Earth, and those who are staying in the shallows are going to have a rough time. In the shallows, when the waters recede, it comes back even more forcefully. 


Rachael (Gilmore) had a dream years ago of being on a beach and a wave was coming, and she was trying to warn people, and she looked up and saw Pastor Jeff, and he was in charge of some things…that was a prophetic promise and warning.  So what does this mean and what do we do?  There is going to be a sudden outpouring so let’s be ready.


Here’s the command: “put out to the deep.” 


Question to you today: Where do you dwell?  In the shallows or the deep?  


In your daily time with the Lord, are you dwelling in the shallow or the deep?

In your worship, are you dwelling in the shallow or the deep?


Simon Peter had spent all night in the shallows…and the Lord was telling him His blessing was not in the shallows, but in the deep!  


God is telling you today: “PUT OUT TO THE DEEP.”  


You may be hearing this today because this is a path you’ve never walked!  


Peter responded “because you say so.”  


Was he blessed because he was a good fisherman or because he was obedient?  God has the blessing of stability in your life - but it may not be the way you think it is. What is this outburst, what does it mean?  It means stability.  There is something coming that needs stability…and today, He tells us that stability can be found in the deep. 


There was nothing in the shallows.  But when he dropped nets into the deep, IMMEDIATELY, the blessing was there. There may be something that you are looking for right now, and God says right now in the chaos - “put out in the deep!  I want YOU to come deep!” 


Add to your prayers: “but because you say so, I will.”  This is what Jesus modeled!  “Lord not my will but your will be done.”  


Standing on the promises of God, we KNOW when we go out to the deep, there is more available to us.  


  1. Where do you dwell, the shallow or the deep? And in the deep, it won’t be comfortable.  


There was an aircraft carrier recently that saw a hurricane coming, and they turned and steered right into it as fast as they could.  It’s crazy, why would you do that?  STABILITY.  Going into the storm brings more stability - and if the ship is in the shallows, it will be destroyed.  The waves are deeper in the deep, but it’s better for the big ship.  


Maybe those in your sphere of influence are feeling the pressure of being in the shallow…He created us to handle the deep!  We were CREATED FOR THE DEEP. 


God wouldn’t tell us to go to the deep unless He designed you to go to the deep!  So we shouldn’t fear the deep!  If He says go to the deep…it must mean we can handle it. 


  1. We must be designed for the deep if he tells us to go there. 

  2. It’s all hinged on obedience.  Don’t refuse He who speaks. 


Part 2 for next week: who did this catch of fish bless?  Peter.  The one who was tired and beat up and was obedient anyway.  “Because You say so, Rabbi, I will do so.” 


So don’t go to the deep because someone else said to - go to the deep because God says so.   


Example of duck dive surfer: they go right through the wave.  What is destruction for others isn’t destruction for you if that’s what God is calling you to. 


Who did this blessing bless?  Simon Peter and his partners…there was influence on some close friends.  When you are obedient, it’s not for you!  That stability is not just for you!   Those families were all blessed through this catch of fish.  Who else did it bless?  People who were  looking for fish in the market!  The catch of fish just continued to bless and bless…it could be that this community is waiting for you to be obedient so they can be blessed!  So get past yourself and be obedient!   Stop blaming someone else for your calling!  Bring stability in the way you are called!  Do the work you need to do! 


***Interjection from Apostle Susan:  we are blessed because of Peter’s obedience, because it’s what led to him being fishers of men, and even today people are coming to Christ because of Peter’s obedience! 


Sometimes we stop at “go out to the deep” for ourselves…the blessing is out there waiting to be caught.  God has got it in the deep for you right now, but you are standing in the shallows.  


Example of Aisley being unable to steal second base while keeping your foot on first.  You can’t get to the deep with your foot in the shallows!  It’s a FULL COMMITMENT to go!  It means you’re going to be challenged, to give up some of your own ways, but be encouraged that you were DESIGNED for the deep, and He has blessings for you in the deep!  So we can stand up and say “yes Lord I will go because you said so!” 


Don’t let anything restrict you.  Seek: what does this mean, God?  What does this mean, with the heavy rain coming?  With latter rains?  It’s going to more than we can handle in the shallows and He’s looking for a people willing to come to the deep. 


Jesus sees you and knows you’ve been working hard, He knows everything about you.  And He says - “put out to the deep.  I have something for you there.” 


Deep of His Word. 

Deep of worship. 

Deep of His joy. 


Why would you refuse that? 


We need to make a response: because you say so.  Not a leader,  not a church - but before God, make a response: “I will go to the deep because You say so.”   It’s a dangerous prayer, but He is more committed to your change than you are.  Stand on the promise that He has not called you to something that He hasn’t designed you for.  You have a capacity that He wants to fill.  Only Him.  


Invitation: can you risk enough to say I will not refuse the One who speaks?  So therefore speak into the atmosphere: “I will put out into the deep.”  


















No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4, 2026

  Sunday AM Recap October 4, 2026  Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/7rf1MywqPg4?si=2PmRA_wgS4ldPhSF   Apostle Susan Powers opened service ...